Cockroach Pest Control
We have extensive skills, knowledge, and experience about cockroach pest control and that is why we can deliver the best cockroach control in Sydney. Learn more about cockroaches so you have a better understanding about cockroach pest control in Sydney.
The life span of an adult cockroach ranges from a few months to over a year. Reproduction in most species involves the female developing eggs encapsulated in a purse-shaped egg case (oothecae). Each of these cases can contain 12-40 eggs and the female may produce up to 5-30 oothecae.
How can I tell I have a cockroach problem?
Cockroaches are nocturnal and secretive so you may only see a few here and there out in the open, even if you have a large infestation. Signs of cockroach infestation include:
- body parts
- shed skins
- empty egg cases (amber-colored, ribbed cylinders)
- fecal smears (dark smudges)
- Foul odour from their secretions
- Where am I likely to find cockroaches in my home?
Cockroaches are very adaptable and often live where humans dwell. They prefer warm, undisturbed areas with high humidity near a source of water such as:
- under sinks
- hot water systems
- kitchen appliances e.g. dishwasher, microwave, stove, espresso machines etc.
- cracks and crevices
- around toilets and showers
- stored boxes
- roof void and subfloor areas
- wall cavities
They eat virtually any human food and also non-food items like; soap, toothpaste, glue, leather, cardboard, fabrics, hair and starchy bindings in books. As well as any dead animal or vegetable materials.
Why are cockroaches a problem?
Cockroaches contaminate food and food handling areas with their droppings, cast skins, regurgitation marks and odours caused by mouth and cuticle secretions.
Also, various disease organisms (bacterial, viral and protozoan) have been isolated from cockroaches and their droppings.
Many people are allergic to cockroaches, their waste, or their body fragments, and such allergies cause asthma in some children.
Cockroaches can damage household items, eating glue in wallpaper, books, furniture and electrical wiring. Infestations of cockroaches are generally regarded as a threat to human health.
What do I do if I have cockroaches in my home?
- Do not disturb the cockroaches by moving furniture or kitchen appliances around (we want to get to the route of the problem).
- Call the experts at PESTFREE ASAP!
At PESTFREE our technicians are highly trained in pest control eradication techniques. They will assess the individual needs of your property, identifying the particular species your premises are infested with and the extent of infestation in order to determine the best regime.
In general a cockroach eradication treatment involves the following:
- All internal skirting boards are sprayed.
- All kitchen, laundry and bathroom shelves and cupboards are gelled.
- Roof void and subfloor areas are dusted.
- Refrigerator motors are dusted and gelled.
- Other kitchen appliances gelled, e.g. dishwasher, microwave, coffee machines etc.
- All external areas including: external foundation walls, guttering, eaves, window frames, fences, garden beds and all soil areas are sprayed.
- All outbuildings such as; garages, sheds outhouses etc. are sprayed internally and externally.
Our technicians will also provide you with useful tips on preventing re-infestation such as:
- Eliminating sources of food, water, and shelter.
- Fixing leaks
- Washing dishes frequently
- Sealing cracks
- Eliminating clutter in kitchens, bathrooms, laundry rooms, and basements.
Our expert technicians are ready and willing to help you maintain a PESTFREE home.
All pesticides used by PESTFREE are hospital grade, low toxicity, non-stain, and odour free.The chemicals used are synthetic pyrethroids, mainly permethrin a broad- spectrum insecticide extracted from the daisy plant.
By using PESTFREE you can rest assured that all of our pest control and treatment methods are Environmentally Friendly and most of all effective. With over ten years experience we guarantee you will be satisfied with the results – Call us and have a PESTFREE day!
Common Household Cockroaches
Common Household Cockroaches
Found mostly indoors, and prefer a moist, warm environment close to food, such as kitchens. In the kitchen they will be found in food storerooms, stoves, refrigerators, sinks, water heaters.
Prefers food of plant origin hence, found mostly outdoors in areas that offer moist, decaying vegetable matter & plant materials. They can be found under bark of trees, among woodpiles, sub floors, wall voids, garages & sheds.
Prefers warm, moist and dark conditions such as those found in sub floors, roof & wall voids, cellars, grease traps, sewers, in and around garbage areas. Commonly infest food stores & warehouses, restaurants, hospitals, and other food handling areas.
Found mostly indoors but scattered throughout a dwelling, not just the kitchen. Prefers drier areas in furniture (bookcases, desks, wardrobes), around picture frames, light fittings, among stored files & paper, etc.
Prefers cool environments, hence mainly found outdoors in damp subfloors or around drainage systems. It is usually located at or below ground level in buildings.
Found mostly outdoors and prefers plant materials. Often a pest in nurseries, garages, woodpiles, sub floors, roof & wall voids, around drains & under garden mulch. Sometimes attracted to light at night.