Pest Free Sydney specialises in spider pest control. If you want the best spider control in Sydney, we are the ones you call.
- Tired of walking through spider webs
- Scared that someone in your family may get bitten
- Suffering from Arachnophobia
- Unsure of spiders and just don’t like them!
- Of all the thousands of Australian spiders, arthropods and insects, only three have bites which are capable of causing death – the funnel-web spider (and related atrax species), the red back spider and the paralysis tick.
Correct identification of your spiders is the key to implementing an effective eradication and control program for the effective elimination of them.
By using PESTFREE you can rest assured that all of our Spider control and treatment methods are Environmentally Friendly and most of all effective.
There is no need to leave home, so you enjoy minimum disruption to your regular home life. We arrive on time and leave your home exactly the way we found it. With over 20 years experience we guarantee you will be satisfied with the results – No More Spiders!
Protecting Your Home & Family from Spiders
Dealing with Spider Problems in Your Home
Spiders can be a particular nuisance in the home. They are attracted to warm, dark small spaces, like wall cracks, corners, air vents, and in the eaves of your home. Other species prefer to stay closer to the outdoors, weaving their webs in your garden or near your outside lighting. Most spiders are a nuisance primarily because of their webbing.
There are more than 35,000 species of spiders worldwide, a few thousand of which are found in Australia alone. Spiders exist in a wide range of colours and sizes, yet they are all easily recognisable by their 8 legs. Spiders are often beneficial because they eat many types of insects, including those that are pests.
Some common species of spiders that can be found entering your home are:
- Huntsman Spider – large flat bodied spider and is poisonous to humans but not fatal
- Red Back Spider – lives in and around the house; will eat small snakes, insects and frogs.
- Funnel Web Spiders – a large black bulky spider and bites may be fatal to humans
- White-Tailed Spiders – found in cool dark places, bites can cause swelling and itchiness.
How to Keep Spiders Away
Spiders are most likely to enter the home in the autumn due to their search for a warm place to spend the winter. There are several ways that you can help to prevent and control spider problems in your home:
- Vacuum regularly
- Remove noticeable webs
- Fill in gaps in walls and under doors to deter entry
- Remove sheltering sites like firewood piles and compost piles from near your home
- Use lighting in a way that is less attractive to the insects that spiders feed on